The realities of rape culture DJ Fresh and Euphonik
March 01, 2021
Abuse is about power.
Since the police failed to produce evidence, the NPA closed the case. The case never went to the courts, therefore no magistrate or judge said they were innocent.
What we are sure of is that they are guilty of the following:
- They have multiple accusations against them
- Lying- The Fresh lied about a so-called aunty who said the victim/survivor is a liar. Her family released a press statement proving that the information is a lie and have asked for the aunt's name. To do date, this aunty has not been revealed.
- Doxing/doxxing- The act of publicly revealing private personal information about an individual or organization, usually on the Internet, typically with malicious intent. The small DJ posted a fake WhatsApp message but attached the victim/survivors contact number.
- Instilling fear on top of the existing trauma. Since the cell number was shared with his followers, she has had to endure threatening calls and insults from rape apologists and his fans.
- Creating lies to damage her character.
- Press outlets, pushing the wrong narrative, to protect the alleged perpetrators. They did not verify that WhatsApp, if they did they would have discovered that it was photoshopped.
This usually happens when victims/survivors speak out against perpetrators who have power, influence and financial resources.
Ending GBV is not just about a hashtag. If you cannot speak out publicly, support anonymously.